Friday, December 25, 2009

Julotta Revelations

We're all so petty, you know?

I mean really, just such selfish little snits. The best of us have our moments when we act like children and should be ashamed. Especially at stressful times. And holidays always seem to get stressful.

This morning, I had a "moment" sitting waiting for Julotta service to begin at the Baptist church in Lindsborg. Don't know where it came from -- well, wait, yes I do know -- but I don't know why it came right then and not at another similarly appropriate time.

Suddenly, it hit me that it was just that selfish snittiness of ours that brought Jesus to earth, that gave him occasion to show his great love for us. That I could even celebrate the pettiness of humanity -- myself included -- when I realize it only gives God a greater vehicle to show us his greatness, his extravagant grace, his incomprehensible love.

Thank you, Jesus, for everything. I'll never deserve it, but I guess that's the whole point. :)

Merry Christmas, everyone. Let every heart prepare him room!

No comments: