Tuesday, November 18, 2008

To Quote Charlie Brown: Argh!

OK, just allow me a brief rant here.

I just spent an hour and a half trying to get our address changed on the various accounts, subscriptions and so forth that we have out there. I've been doing some of that all along, but decided today I needed to get it all wrapped up.

So, I've spent about a third of that time on hold.

Perhaps another third of that time, I've spent talking to computers that listed no press-button option for "address change" or "speak to a real human being". At least one of these I just had to give up on--they wouldn't take my account number and they wouldn't let me go anywhere else without it. I'm not sure how I'm going to contact them.

Two of them kept me on the phone transferring me from one line to another, getting this or that information from me, only to tell me at the very end of the call that they couldn't change the address for me because I'm not the primary name on the account.

Only one of these transactions was easy. I called the Lindsborg News-Record (my husband's hometown newspaper) and immediately got a friendly voice who not only cheerfully changed the address for me, but also engaged me in some brief small talk about the family.

Small towns have a lot going for them, you know?

1 comment:

DerricksAHor said...

I've been using this page for years: http://www.gethuman.com/

Hope it helps!