Friday, December 9, 2011

Other Little Grumblings

I'm really not in as much of a grumbly mood as this week's posts would indicate, but I do have a few grumbles I want to get out of my system.

- I think I'm going to have to break down and buy some long underwear. Iowa's cold. I can add more layers to my top half, but the bottom half is still always chilled.

- If musical artists are going to do covers of well-known Christmas songs, I wish they'd at least do something different with them. I mean, the same orchestration, the same melody, the same sound . . . what's the point? At least do the American Idol thing and make it your own.

- I usually love the wide open sky in Iowa, but not on mornings like this when the sky is the same solid sheet of white as the blanket of snow on the ground. It's a little freaky. Makes me feel like I'm living in a coloring book.

- My hands are cold. All. The. Time. My feet, too, but I can wear socks on my feet. I would feel very strange wearing gloves around the house all day. Not to mention how impractical it is.

- As I was typing that last one, hubby and I heard a thud in the kitchen and he said, "Well, Tagger bit the dust again." He can't get traction on the hard floor and goes splat on his belly. This poor mutt. Lord, make it clear to us when it's time to put the sweet boy to rest.

- The Republican debate here next week is sold out. Bummer. I don't know how often I'll get a chance to see something like that.

Grumble, grumble. On a positive note, the youngest and I ate lunch at Pizza Hut yesterday and I had a BBQ pizza. Mmmmmm. The small blessings of life.

No comments: