Friday, February 10, 2012

And All the Time . . .

Life is good. God is good! I have so many blessings in my life right now.....

- We're going back to Sioux Falls today for the follow-up with the youngest's neurologist after her emergency room episode last fall. Other than one kind of serious headache in December, which quickly came under control with Ibuprofen and rest, she has had no more problems in the last four months. After the scare we had that night and the anxiety over the potential issues we could be dealing with, it's WONDERFUL to have a healthy child!

- Last night, I went to bed at 12:20 (I waited until I really felt sleepy), went to sleep relatively quickly and didn't wake up until 4:15. That's almost four straight hours of sleep! Drug-free! And I slept more again after that, too!

- Our dog is on his last legs. He stopped eating a few days ago and can hardly stand now. We're expecting him to go any time. The blessing is not his pending demise . . . the blessing is the companionship he's given us for the last seventeen years. And the fact that he seems to be going peacefully.

- It has been a mild winter. The last couple winters here in Iowa have been horrific, so this is a blessing. And even when it's cold, we have a warm house, warm clothes, reliable vehicles.

- Our orchid is blooming again. Clusters of big, beautiful white flowers. And the . . . I just forgot its name . . . our other flower in the house is about to bloom also -- and it's gorgeous when it blooms.

- My efforts to calm my mind at night before going to sleep has included more reading and devotional time. This has led to a multitude of benefits -- I feel more positive and together during the day, I'm getting more done, I'm resisting various temptations more successfully (including the carbs), I just generally feel closer to God which makes everything better.

- It occurred to me the other day that I don't feel like my husband is unemployed. I don't have that feeling of lostness and anxiety I would usually have in this situation. I don't think he does either.

Blessings. God is good. All the time. And all the time . . .

No comments: