Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Nothing

I shouldn't be writing this morning, I suppose.  I don't have anything to write about.  Well, I have plenty I could write about, but it is of the to-do list variety -- or the worry list variety -- and nothing anyone would be interested in reading, I'm sure.  But as I've said before, this blog is as much about my being disciplined in writing as it is about whatever brilliance I have to share with the world.

So, here I'm writing.

I could write about the play happening Friday, but I expect I'll want to write about that Friday (and hopefully, we'll have had a good rehearsal Thursday and I'll be feeling better about the play before I write about it).  I could write about the move to San Antonio, but I wrote about that Monday. 

I could write about my adult dance class last night, rehearsing the piece we're doing for the dance recital, to Michael Jackson's "Off the Wall", which was running through my head all night long every time I woke up . . . which was too often.  But I'm ready to get that song out of my head . . . "Out-, Out darned song . . . ", to paraphrase a Much Better Writer than I.

I bet he would have something to blog about this morning.

I could write about my dream I had this morning after the alarm went off and I fell back asleep.  I dreamt I was subbing and didn't have any plans to work with until the bell rang to start class.  Then the plans I got were almost incomprehensible -- three different groups in the class were doing three different things, one having to do with cooking a meal, another utilizing a Bunsen burner.  A Bunsen burner, people!  I was freaking -- I figured I'd burn the school down!  And my mother was there watching me for some reason (like, it was parent observation day for the substitute teachers), and I was so disappointed that here she was seeing me at my worst.

Trying to decide if I should analyze that dream for deep meaning or let it go as a brain fart.  I'm leaning toward letting it go.  My friend was telling me on the way back from dance class last night that she's had a couple dreams lately about taking the wheel of a car from somebody.  Now she's scared she's going to be asked to lead something. 

Have I found anything to write about yet?  Nah, I don't think so.  Okay, I give up.  I'll be brilliant for you all next week.  Prepare yourself -- you will be astounded.  Really.  Mm-hmm.

No comments: