Thursday, January 15, 2009

Still Praying, Not So Desperate

To answer Robin's comment on my last post, all went well. Leslie got put into a group of girls that she tentatively said were, "Nice.". She filled me in on all sorts of amusing things that happened during the evening. And she hasn't said anything yet about not going back. So far, so good.

I'm still praying, though. As a homeschooler, seeking out social contacts is more of a challenge. She has one friend here her age, a couple friends two years younger . . that's really it. And none of those has she really connected with. I know -- it just takes time.

Now, one of these days, I'll need to examine why yesterday evening brought out such a strong reaction in me. Hmmm.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Middle school is one of those things we just have to endure. I hated it, but I was lucky enough to have theatre to get me through it. (My Catholic Church didn't have a youth group and doesn't have CCD after 5th grade). It was miserable. The tough part is that no one can really help. But you are being a wonderful Mom by just understanding :)

I'll keep Leslie in my prayers, keep us posted!