Friday, April 27, 2012

Show Day!

It's Show Day for our homeschoolers today.  I really wish I felt better for this -- I'm coughing now and on the edge of losing my voice completely.  But that won't spoil anything.  We're ready.

Yes, we are ready.  My producer Kim reminded me yesterday that we originally had performance day scheduled for last week and had to move it.  Last week, we would not have been ready.  God's timing.

Every year, it has snowed on the day of the middle/high schoolers performance.  We always prayed for cloudy weather because the church we performed in had high windows that couldn't be covered for blackouts during the afternoon show.  Snow was a little bit of overkill, but we took it.  Today, we don't have windows to worry about, but rain and thunder is on the forecast.  That's my only concern: storm noise during the performance will make it tough to hear the actors.

This is all going to be kind of emotional for me.  This is a show I've wanted to write and do for a long time -- a Godspell-esque style version of the Sermon on the Mount.  I've been waiting for my kids to be ready for it, and this year, they were not only ready, but God brought us more kids with the musical talents we needed to really pull it off in style. 

And . . . I realize this is probably my last show with them.  So sad.  SO very sad at that. 

My husband's job ended the day before our fall show with the younger kids.  I told Kim, but no one else.  I felt kind of numb all day.  In between performances, Kim came up to me in tears and said, "Is this going to be our last show together?  I don't want this to be our last show together!!"  Thank you, Lord, that it wasn't.  I wouldn't have missed this one for the world.

So, Siouxland friends: "Preachin' on a Hillside", 3:30 and 7pm, Sunnybrook Community Church, FREE.  And non-Siouxland friends: pray for no rain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Gwen! Hope it all goes well! Vk