Friday, June 22, 2012

Two Days In

Killing time at O'Hare
What would be do without technology?
Daughter #1: WE are in a CAR in PANAMA at 2:30 in the morning.
Daughter #2:  Whoa!  How'd I get here?  That must have been some party!!

That pretty much sums up our first two days of travel.

Lots of driving . . . a weak Disney Channel movie in the hotel Wednesday night . . . lots of wait time in the airport yesterday . . . no free drinks or snacks on Spirit airline! (We had to pay for each carry-on bag, too -- what up with that?  Guess that's why the flight fares were so low.)

Emotional climax of the trip (for me, so far): filling out the immigration and customs paperwork on the flight from Ft. Lauderdale.  It was late at night and I was tired, so that may account for the emotion.  But I had a quick rush of, "Arggh!  I don't know what this means!  This is complicated and official and scary and I want to be home in my bed!"  A chemical brain fart, I believe.  I took a deep breath and was fine.

Emotional anti-climax:  actually arriving in Panama City.  As the earlier quote indicates, it was the middle of the night.  It was too dark to see much of anything, and we were tired.  I'm looking forward to seeing things today.


Not that I'm not still tired.  Didn't have a great night's sleep last night.  But I did sleep some, which is always better than none, and I think hubby is doing all the driving today.  Off we go, into the hot, humid yonder!  :) 

No comments: